- There is already full planning permission for a 183m tall tower on this building, near identical to the new proposal but four floors shorter.
- The major difference between the original proposal and the taller one is increased levels of environmentally efficient technology that are deployed by the developer including improved solar shading in the cladding and solar power.
- The tower is designed to appear different from each direction with little symmetrical design.
- The tower is designed to be split vertically into sets of three floors for clients to occupy.
- The south side of the tower will have visible lifts running up it. This side is also the location of the core, so positioned to provide shading from the sun for the structure and reduce air conditioning costs.
- In early 2006 work had begun on dealing with the sewers that run under the site to help accommodate the extra weight a tower will bring.
- 2008 saw changes made to the proposals in the form of a shorter spire that would have a height of 28 metres above the roof level rather than the previous 44.
18-05-2011 > Heron Tower Tour
29-03-2011 > Heron Tower Completes
01-02-2011 > Heron Tower Signs First Tenants
11-08-2010 > Fishy Business At Heron Tower
22-07-2010 > Heron Tower Gets Its Spire
12-04-2010 > Heron Tower Tops Out
10-07-2009 > Heron Plan 149m Tall Luxury Hotel
28-05-2009 > First Cladding Goes On Heron Tower
15-04-2009 > Heron Continues Despite Contractor Problems
24-02-2009 > Catching Up With Heron Tower
01-10-2008 > The Latest On Herons Construction
29-04-2008 > Heron Tower Finally Under Construction
31-10-2007 > Skanska Win Heron Tower Contract
24-07-2007 > Demolition Begins On Heron Tower Site
24-11-2006 > Heron Secures Equity Bishopsgate Tower Sold
14-02-2006 > Skanska To Win Heron Tower Contract
17-01-2006 > City of London Approves Three Huge Schemes
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
- Concrete Frame Contractor
- Byrne Brothers
- Heron International PLC
- Main Contractor
- Quantity Surveyor
- Davis Langdon LLP
- Services Engineer
- Foreman Roberts
- Structural Engineer
- Arup Group
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- 110 Bishopsgate, London. EC3
- City of London
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in EC3
Prospect Business Centres Leadenhall Street, Leadenhall Street, Fenchurch Street
The Office Group Lloyds Avenue, Lloyds Avenue, Fenchurch Street
i Office Gracechurch Street, Gracechurch Street, Bank
Find Other Offices
- Proposal date
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Structural Expressionist
- Pinnacle Height (AGL)
- Pinnacle Type
- Roof Height (AOD)
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Top Floor Height (AGL)
- Floor To Ceiling Height
- Total Floors (O.G)
- Plant Floors
- Total Floors (U.G)
- Primary Use
- Secondary Use
- Floorspace (sq m)
- Car Parking Spaces
- Construction Cost
- Budget Date
Metres > Feet