Heathrow Air Traffic Control Tower
- The tower accommodates 55 air traffic controllers.
- The glazed control room weighs 900 tonnes and is 27 metres tall.
- The tower is supported by a guyed mast, 56.5 metre tall with wires every 120 degrees for structural stability.
- Located in the middle of the airport next to Terminal 3, the tower was jacked up by three 180 tonne jacks to reduce disruption each time by 14 metres to allow another section to be inserted underneath.
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- BAA PLC
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Heathrow Airport, Hayes, London. TW6 2GA
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in TW6
Smithfield Business Centre Limited St Johns Lane, St Johns Lane, Farringdon
The Office Group Farringdon Too, Kirby Street, Clerkenwell
Business Environment Group Central Point, Beech Street, Moorgate
Find Other Offices
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Pinnacle Type
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Total Floors (O.G)
- Primary Use
- Observation Tower
- Construction Cost
- Budget Date
Metres > Feet