St Georges Minster
Also known as St George's Church and Doncaster Minster
- St George's Minster replaces an earlier church that burned down in 1853, a 12th century Norman Minster.
- The building has been constructed in high Victorian Gothic Revival style by George Gilbert Scott and has the work of many of the lead designers from the time within.
- Those names include the German organ builder Edmund Schulze and a clock by Augustus Pugin.
- Of particular importance to the church authorities was the replacement of their previous organ, the second largest in England, which had been destroyed by fire.
- Edmund Schulze & Son built an organ with an enormous 94 registers over through 5 manuals and 25 pedal stops making it the largest church organ in the country.
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- George Gilbert Scott
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Church View, Doncaster. DN1 1RD
- South Yorkshire
- Yorkshire and Humber
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in DN1
Montracon Ltd Woodfield Business Centre, Car Hill, Doncaster
Loxley Land & Property Magna Business Park, Sheffield Road, Sheffield
Bizspace Oaks Business Park, Oaks Lane, Barnsley
Find Other Offices
- Proposal date
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Gothic Revival
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Primary Use
- Place of Worship
Metres > Feet