St Georges Minster
Also known as St George's Church and Doncaster Minster
- St George's Minster replaces an earlier church that burned down in 1853, a 12th century Norman Minster.
- The building has been constructed in high Victorian Gothic Revival style by George Gilbert Scott and has the work of many of the lead designers from the time within.
- Those names include the German organ builder Edmund Schulze and a clock by Augustus Pugin.
- Of particular importance to the church authorities was the replacement of their previous organ, the second largest in England, which had been destroyed by fire.
- Edmund Schulze & Son built an organ with an enormous 94 registers over through 5 manuals and 25 pedal stops making it the largest church organ in the country.
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- George Gilbert Scott
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Church View, Doncaster. DN1 1RD
- South Yorkshire
- Yorkshire and Humber
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in DN1
Time Business Centre (Doncaster) Ltd Time Business Centre, Watervole Way, Doncaster
The Store Room Eastwood Trading Estate, Fitzwilliam Road, Rotherham
Bizspace Bradmarsh Business Park, Bow Bridge Close, Rotherham
Find Other Offices
- Proposal date
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Gothic Revival
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Primary Use
- Place of Worship
Metres > Feet