- This is the main tower of a two glass clad tower scheme, to sit next to the newly completed West Point. The proposal includes 650 apartments and office space, it is also planned to include a health centre and dentist as well as shops, cafes and restaurants, with a winter garden and piazza sitated between the two towers. Some of the apartments are to be tailor designed for the over 55s age group.
- The planning application was approved in principle in July 2006. Carillion have been selected to proceed with contract negotiations, WSP Group plc have been employed for engineering design work, and Burnley Wilson Fish have been appointed as the QS.
- Test piles and water bore hole work were completed in mid 2007, and ground clearance is now underway, and construction of the piling and sub-structure works commenced in w/c 10 December 2007.
- In a revised application in April 2008, one additional floor and one metre height has been added to the tower.
23-08-2010 > Lumiere Developer To Be Wound Up
05-02-2010 > Lumiere Planning Consent Withdrawn
25-02-2009 > KW Linfoot Moved Into Administration
24-07-2008 > Leeds Approves Revised Lumiere Proposals
09-07-2008 > Leeds Lumiere Towers Put On Hold
11-12-2007 > Lumiere underway!
08-10-2007 > KW Linfoot Ponder New Leeds Tower
24-05-2007 > Groundwork starts on a plethora of Leeds towers
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Ian Simpson Architects
- Frasers Ventures Ltd
- Main Contractor
- Carillion PLC
- Structural Engineer
- WSP Group
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Planning Application Number
- Whitehall Road, Leeds. LS1
- Leeds City Council
- West Yorkshire
- Yorkshire and Humber
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in LS1
Premier Office Solutions Premier House, Newhold, Leeds
Dunbar House Ltd Dunbar House, Sheepscar Court, Leeds
Bracken Ltd Calls Wharf, The Calls, Leeds
Find Other Offices
- Proposal date
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Total Floors (O.G)
- Primary Use
- Secondary Use
- Budget Date
Metres > Feet