Holy Name Church
Also known as The Catholic Church of the Holy Name of Jesus
- The church was opened on October 15th 1871.
- The octagonal tower was extended to 56.4m in 1928, using a design by Adrian Gilbert Scott. The original 1869 plan called for a spire 73m high but this was never built due to poor quality ground beneath the site.
- The church is famously mentioned in the song 'Vicar in a Tutu' by The Smiths.
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Joseph Aloysius Hansom, Adrian Gilbert Scott
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Oxford Road, Manchester. M13 9PG
- Manchester City Council
- Greater Manchester
- North West
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in M13
Bruntwood Conventional Portland Chambers, Portland Chambers, Manchester
Citibase Manchester, Princess Street, Manchester
Orega Ltd Piccadilly Place, Piccadilly Place, Manchester
Find Other Offices
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Gothic Revival
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Primary Use
- Place of Worship
Metres > Feet