- The previous design was by Murphy Jahn who left the project unhappy at how the scheme was progressing.
- The change in architect also saw the site shifted northwards from 6-8 Bishopsgate to Crosby Court to help reduce the impact of the building on views from Fleet Street.
- The building is designed to accomodate 8,124 workers. Despite this it only has 6 parking spaces, all of which are for the disabled.
- Since June 2005 the new design has been revised down from 307.25m following objections from CAA.
- The building will be clad in ventilated glazing that works like a snakeskin with every single piece of identical size reducing build cost.
- The building does feature horizontal crossbracing but this has been used sparingly only where the structure needs it rather than for show as with structural expressionist designs.
- The inside of the spiral at the top of the building will contain P.V panelling to generate power from the sun. If built it will be the largest single amount on a building in London.
- The nickname of this building, "the Helter Skelter" was coined by this site, inspired by stupid names other London skyscrapers have.
28-06-2011 > Work To Resume On The Helter Skelter
17-03-2011 > Helter Skelter Secures Funding
02-08-2010 > Slipform Emerges On The Pinnacle
08-12-2009 > More Changes Made To The Pinnacle
14-04-2009 > Crowning The Pinnacle
30-03-2009 > Record Piling Begins On The Pinnacle
21-10-2008 > Pinnacle Secures First Pre-Let
21-12-2007 > Annoyed Neighbour Wins Pinnacle Injunction
23-10-2007 > Leadenhall Building Has Lift Off
29-08-2007 > Multiplex Win Bishopsgate Tower Contract
28-03-2007 > And So It Starts Part Two
28-02-2007 > Bishopsgate Tower Bought And Renamed
24-11-2006 > Heron Secures Equity Bishopsgate Tower Sold
14-08-2006 > And So It Starts
25-04-2006 > DIFA Bishopsgate Tower Approved
19-12-2005 > CABE Welcome Bishopsgate Tower
28-11-2005 > Bishopsgate Tower Cut Down To Size
10-07-2005 > DIFA Tower Exhibition
29-06-2005 > Bishopsgate Tower Interview
23-06-2005 > DIFA Propose New Tallest For London
13-02-2003 > Murphy Jahn Plan Bishopsgate Tower
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
- Concrete Frame Contractor
- Byrne Brothers
- Arab Investments
- Lift Supplier
- Main Contractor
- Brookfield Group
- Services Engineer
- Hilson Moran Partnership
- Structural Engineer
- Arup Group
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Planning Application Number
- Crosby Court, 22-24 Bishopsgate, London. EC2N 4BQ
- City of London
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in EC2N
Smithfield Business Centre Limited St Johns Lane, St Johns Lane, Farringdon
The Finsbury Business Centre Ltd Bowling Green Lane, Bowling Green Lane, Clerkenwell
Business Environment Group Central Point, Beech Street, Moorgate
Find Other Offices
- Under Construction
- Proposal date
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Roof Height (AOD)
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Total Floors (O.G)
- Total Floors (U.G)
- Number of Lifts
- Primary Use
- Secondary Use
- Floorspace (sq m)
- Car Parking Spaces
- Land Costs
- Date of Purchase
Metres > Feet