Also known as Eglwys Gadeiriol Llandaf
- Llandaff is unique in being the only cathedral in the United Kingdom to have north-west and south-west towers with a spire.
- Work was started on the church by the Norman's in the early 12th century and continued for another 170 years until 1290 when it was then "completed" until Victorian times.
- Once the Bishop of Llandaff started to use the cathedral in the 19th century work restarted and the church was not only full restored but also had a new spire added and a tower extended by local architect John Prichard giving it a unique and unusual look.
- In January 1941 the cathedral was gravely damaged when a landmine was dropped near it blowing the roof off the nave, south aisle and chpater house. The top of the spire also had to be partially reconstructed.
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- John Prichard
- Renovation Architect
- George Pace
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Cathedral Green, Llandaff, Cardiff. CF5 2LA
- Cardiff City Council
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in CF5
Cardiff Medicentre Heath Park, Heath Park, Cardiff
Chadwick Business Centres Limited Capital Tower Business Centre, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff
Hudson Estates Ltd Workbench, Neptune Court, Cardiff
Find Other Offices
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Renovation Date
- Pinnacle Height (AGL)
- Pinnacle Type
- Primary Use
- Place of Worship
Metres > Feet