- The previous design for the building was 219.30 metres high and 70 floors and was originally proposed in 2005.
- The building will be doubled skinned with the outer layer of glass highly transparent and a solid layer of cladding under it forming winter garden areas inbetween.
- The aesthetics feature strong colourful vertical lines thanks to the stacking of the louvres which form them. These colours gradually fade as the cladding rises higher up the tower becoming lighter the nearer to the top they are.
- Every flat and hotel room within the tower will have their own internal conservatory space as with 1 Deansgate in Manchester.
- Keeping the seamless appearance the window cleaning rigs will emerge from the inside of the tower.
- The building tapers in at the bottom to provide uninterrupted views from Waterloo of London Bridge Tower which should fit right between it and Kings Reach Tower.
- The top of the tower will contain a viewing platform open to the public.
22-10-2013 > 1 Blackfriars Finally Breaks Ground
03-01-2013 > One Blackfriars Soon To Rise
19-10-2011 > Berkeley Wins Beetham Boomerang Bid
24-03-2011 > Beetham Race To Save Tower Plans
20-08-2009 > Russian Beetham Backer Has Assets Frozen
26-03-2009 > Blackfriars Skyscrapers Approved
17-03-2008 > Beetham London Called In
19-12-2007 > Beetham London Approved. Again.
24-10-2007 > Beetham London Exhibition
09-10-2007 > Knight Frank Predict Crazy Southwark Prices
13-09-2007 > English Heritage Pick On South Bank Towers
17-07-2007 > Beetham London Recommended For Approval
22-09-2006 > Beetham London Shrunk
16-02-2006 > Beetham London To Be Redesigned
20-09-2005 > CABE Welcome New Beetham London Plans
05-09-2005 > Westminster Council To Oppose London Beetham
29-07-2005 > Beetham Propose New London Tower
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Ian Simpson Architects
- Beetham Organization
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- Planning Application Number
- 1 Blackfriars Road, London. SE1 9UF
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in SE1
Business Cube Offices Clerkenwell Green, Clerkenwell Green, Clerkenwell
CN Associates G.O.D Village, Charterhouse Street, Farringdon
The Finsbury Business Centre Ltd Bowling Green Lane, Bowling Green Lane, Finsbury
Find Other Offices
- Under Construction
- Proposal date
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Roof Height (AOD)
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Total Floors (O.G)
- Total Floors (U.G)
- Number of Lifts
- Primary Use
- Secondary Use
- Observation Tower
- Car Parking Spaces
- Land Costs
- Date of Purchase
Metres > Feet