- St George's Wharf is the first tower in London to be topped with a wind turbine which will provide power for all the towers public lighting.
- Other environmental technology employed includes heat pump technology removing the heat from naturally drawn water to provide heating for the apartments. Triple glazing will provide sound-proofing and heat-loss/gain as will thermal blinds between the glazing. The result will be the tower will use one third of the energy of a similar building.
- St Georges Wharf Tower when proposed was the tallest wholly residential tower in the U.K, and the second tallest in Europe after Turning Turso in Sweden.
- The tower is the final part of a scheme, the rest of which has been completed and sold out. Construction for the tower was originally planned to start in 2003.
- The scheme has been revised twice following feedback from the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment and Lambeth Council. Despite meeting all the requirements the latest design has been refused planning permission by Lambeth. It was supported by the Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone who threatened the council with legal action. The developer successfully appealed to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister winning an eventual planning inquiry.
11-03-2010 > Work Finally Starts On St George Tower
23-05-2007 > Politicians Row Over Towers
20-07-2005 > Vauxhall Tower Finally Approved
17-03-2005 > Vauxhall Tower To Be Approved
09-04-2003 > Mayor Welcomes Vauxhall Tower
If your company has been involved with the Design/Build, Supply or Maintenance of this building please submit your details.
- Broadway Malyan
- St George
- Reference No.
- First Uploaded
- Last Editorial Date
- St George Wharf, Nine Elms Lane, Vauxhall, London. SW8 2LZ
- St George Wharf
- United Kingdom
View in Google Maps
Available office space in SW8
Garner & Hutchings Eccleston Square, Eccleston Square, Victoria
Citibase Victoria Street, Victoria Street, Victoria
Regus UK Westminster, Broadway, Victoria
Find Other Offices
- Proposal date
- Construction start date
- Completion date
- Roof Height (AOD)
- Roof Height (AGL)
- Total Floors (O.G)
- Total Floors (U.G)
- Primary Use
- Floorspace (sq m)
Metres > Feet